Green Irene< back to Internships
We are looking for college or grad students to work with our Marketing Manager on a variety of tasks on one of three main tracks: Marketing, Social Media or Graphic Design.
We're not your average internship experience. At Green Irene, we believe internships should offer an opportunity for students to showcase their talents and shine. Interns won't find gopher work here. Although we expect everyone to put in the necessary efforts to get things done, each person in the office understands how to work the tea maker and scanner - so your help in this area isn't needed! These internships are unpaid and we'll work with you to earn course credit.
Living green is the passion that drives our daily efforts and fuels our creative fire. We are comprised of "out-of-the-box" thinkers who push for a higher standard of excellence, and expect the same from our interns. Interns will be given the opportunity to incorporate original thoughts on assigned projects, while being guided by our experienced staff. We want to give you a MEANINGFUL semester with us to help sharpen your interest in pursuing a green career path and help you gain admission to graduate school or get a good first job out of school (maybe even with us)!
Requirements vary by track, but if you are interested in Social Media you will have a demonstrated track record in effectively using social media well and skills (or interest) in Google Analytics, online advertising, affiliate networks, Google Ad Words, Facebook Ads, etc. If you are interested in marketing applications of graphic design (print material, online banners, website, blogs, etc) then clearly it is a plus to be proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator, and a comfort with the entire Adobe Creative Suite for Mac would be ideal.
Our goal is to help our Green Irene Eco-Consultants market their green consulting practice locally and build the Green Irene brand nationally. Tasks will vary by track, but may include:
- Creating or editing a email postcard template in Photoshop to be used in our email content system to announce a new product
- Editing fliers or gift certificates for Eco-Consultants to use for auctions and fundraisers
- Basic edits to website text as well as creating blog post in Wordpress
- Creating banners and badges for our Eco-Consultants to use at their personal blog or Facebook profile
- Social network marketing on Facebook as well as creating and managing Google and other ads
- Setting up our trade show presence around the country
- Placing online ads in Google and monitoring Google Analytics
You will also get great exposure to a number of marketing tools including public relations, email marketing and web ads.
Please contact PJ Stafford at firstname.lastname@example.org
This internship is full time for the summer semester.
If your address is out of commuting distance, please include in your cover note that you have local housing arrangements
- Design, Marketing
- Not Paid
New York, NY