Beat The Heat This Summer< back to News
Summer not only brings us fun in the sun, but it also brings heat waves. We would like to share some tips with you to beat the heat:
Things you should Do:
• Remember to drink plenty of fluids. Water is definitely the best choice, but any form of liquid will do.
• Dress appropriately, wear sun block if necessary.
• Stay indoors as much as possible when the sun is at its peak.
• UV Ray sunglasses are highly recommended and make you that more stylish.
• Take a trip to a local beach or pool for a quick dip to help cool you down.
• Bring out the kid in you and enjoy a nice Ice-pop or your favorite bowl of ice cream.
Conserve our natural resources:
• Open the refrigerator and freezer door when only when necessary.
• Make sure the refrigerator and freezer doors are shut tightly.
• Turn off all lights and unplug appliances when not in use. When you leave the room, make sure all lights are off.
• Only use your air conditioner when you are in your room. Do not cool an empty room.
• For more tips on how to save energy go to www.coned.com.