Summary of specific duties and responsibilities: 1) Assist in the day-to-day maintenance and improvement of student residences. 2) Completion of work order requests in occupied student rooms, public areas, and offices. To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
- Requirements – Education and Experience
- Prefer two years’ experience in a building trade (painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Requirements – Physical Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; occasionally works in outside weather conditions; and occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and vibration.
- Process, respond, and follow-up with all work order requests.
- Perform light repairs - painting, plumbing, electrical, appliances - as directed by supervisor or Student Life staff.
- Perform light custodial tasks as required.
- Supervise, oversee, and assist outside contractors and vendors.
- Assist with ordering, receiving, movement, storage and warehousing of supplies and furniture.
- Maintain and inventory tools, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist with turnover activities as assigned by supervisor and/or Student Life staff.
- Troubleshoot cable television problems.
- All duties are to be carried out in conjunction with or as delegated by a supervisor from the Facilities and Property Management Department
Responsible to: VP of Facilities and Property Management
All duties are to be carried out in conjunction with or as delegated by a supervisor from the Facilities and Property Management Department