ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF RESIDENCE LIFE
Associate Director of Residence Life serve as professional staff at Educational Housing Services (“EHS”), and have direct and constant student contact. They serve as building managers and act as facilitators for the residence hall community. The RD is expected to enhance the social, educational, intellectual and cultural development of individual students. ADs also supervise the student Residence Advisors. ADs are required to live on site.
- Minimum three years in student residence life or hospitality management experience
- Masters Degree in a college student personnel, counseling or related field preferred
- Availability to live in an EHS facility, in a collegiate student environment and to serve on an on-call 24 emergency rotation
- Knowledge of residence hall living
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills and administrative experience, as well as demonstrated managerial abilities
- Decision-making ability and crisis management experience
- Must be willing to accept other duties, as determined and assigned by the Director of Student Life, that contribute to the overall operation of the EHS program
- Leadership or supervisory and counseling experience
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Manage an office within the Residence that serves the entire community of residents.
- Explain, enforce and support all EHS policies and procedures to students and the institutions represented among our residents
- Complete administrative tasks such as check-in, check-out, maintenance requests, incident reports, monthly occupancy reports, health and safety inspections, etc.
- Manage semester turnover process with facilities team
- Maintain rosters, complete room assignments
- Build relationships with members of staff from contract institutions that reside within the residence hall
- Develop a responsible living environment through community development, effective interaction, and outreach
- Oversee weekly activities and assist in building a community among the students
- Assist in the RA Selection and Training
- Co-Supervise Residence Advisors (“RAs”)
- Attend weekly meetings with RA staff
- Attend to and report all emergencies and serious situations to senior staff in a timely manner
- Assist the building staff in identifying facilities in need of repair or attention
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to enhance development of student life and the best interests of EHS and its affiliates
- Act as positive representative/role model for Educational Housing Services
- The Associate Director position demands considerable time and attention; evening and weekend work will be required
- The Associate Director must serve on an on-call 24 emergency rotation and may have to attend to incidents at any time of the day or night
- Attendance at a portion of Student Life events is expected
Compensation is determined based on experience.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
1) Oversee day-to-day maintenance and operations of multi-site student residences and corporate offices. 2) Schedule and supervise all turnover activities. 3) Manage small capital improvement projects.
- BS Degree in Facilities Management or related field or two years experience in student/multi-family housing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in maintenance trades and knowledge of business and building codes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel) and facility with computers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience with academic campuses and/or student residences preferred.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Decision-making ability and crisis management abilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; occasionally works in outside weather conditions; and occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and vibration.
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance and operations of multi-site student residences and corporate offices.
- Schedule and supervise all turnover activities.
- Manage small capital improvement projects.
- Process, schedule/prioritize, and follow-up with all work requests.
- Inspect the interior and exterior of all buildings to ensure they are well maintained and clean.
- Assist with room inspections for incoming and departing students; oversee completion of necessary repairs.
- Provide oversight for small capital improvement projects necessary to the upkeep of the corporate office and residences, including but not limited to: soliciting competitive bids, ensuring work is completed in compliance with all applicable safety and building code regulations, providing direction and monitoring for satisfactory quality and/or workmanship.
- Maintain an awareness of all issues relating to student housing.
- Assist with electronic security (barrier access, identification, guest badging, cameras, and etc.) and key systems.
- Coordinate FF&E purchase and leasing.
- Develop strong working relationships with landlords, contractors, vendors, Student Life staff to ensure the highest possible living standards are offered to EHS residents.
- Conduct research on operations and facilities issues as directed or suggest as seen fit, including keeping up-to-date on: safety issues, emergency and crisis preparation and resources, on-the-job safety training, and IREM, IFMA, and BOMA standards.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of residence management.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to enhance development of a positive student experience.
Responsible to: VP of Facilities and Property Management
Compensation is determined based on experience.