Associate Director of Residence Life for St. George Towers
The Associate Directors of Residence Life and Student Life serve as professional staff at Educational Housing Services (“EHS”), and have direct and constant student contact. They serve as building managers and act as facilitators for the residence hall community. The AD is expected to enhance the social, educational, intellectual and cultural development of individual students. ADs also supervise the student Residence Advisors. ADs are required to live on site.
- Minimum three years in student residence life or hospitality management experience
- Masters Degree in a college student personnel, counseling or related field preferred
- Availability to live in an EHS facility, in a collegiate student environment and to serve on an on-call 24 emergency rotation
- Knowledge of residence hall living
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills and administrative experience, as well as demonstrated managerial abilities
- Decision-making ability and crisis management experience
- Must be willing to accept other duties, as determined and assigned by the Director of Student Life, that contribute to the overall operation of the EHS program
- Leadership or supervisory and counseling experience
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Manage an office within the Residence that serves the entire community of residents.
- Explain, enforce and support all EHS policies and procedures to students and the institutions represented among our residents
- Build relationships with members of staff from contract institutions that reside within the residence hall
- Attend weekly meetings with RA staff
- Attend to and report all emergencies and serious situations to senior staff in a timely manner
- Act as positive representative/role model for Educational Housing Services
- Manage semester turnover process with facilities team.
- Complete administrative tasks such as check-in, check-out, maintenance requests, incident reports, monthly occupancy reports, health and safety inspections, etc.
- Co-Supervise the Resident Advisors
- Manage student work staff (package room assistants, office assistance, etc)
- Assist in the RA Selection and Training.
- Identifying and reporting facilities in need of repair or attention
- Assign individual residents room numbers in Room Management Systems
- Allocate all contract beds to appropriate rooms and communicate with contract personnel
- Work in collaboration with building superintendents and maintenance teams
- Coordinate room inspections with 12 month contracts and their turnover process
- Work directly with vendors to resolve any issues or provide services
- Respond to all resident satisfaction surveys to enhance customer experience
- Work with Security and ensure proper procedures are followed and report any concerns to Director of Public Safety
- The Associate Directors positions demands considerable time and attention; evening and weekend work will be required.
- The Associate Director must serve on an on-call 24 emergency rotation and may have to attend to incidents at any time of the day or night.
- Attendance at student events is encouraged.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF RESIDENCE LIFE
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to high volume of applicants, please no phone calls.